The Outreach Community Counseling Centers are embedded in Outreach’s neighborhood resource centers. Counseling services are collaborative, strengths-based and faith-based.
Are you or is someone you know feeling stretched by life, relationships or stress?
We know what it is like to run out of ideas as you manage the worries in your life, especially when stressors are coming at you from every direction.
- We can help you sort things out and figure out where to begin.
We understand it can be difficult to decide to ask for help and to know who to call once you have made that decision.
- We will help you find the right services with us or in the community.
We know each story is unique and because something worked for someone else does not mean it will work for you or your family.
- We will take the time to listen and find the right answers for you.
We realize not everyone can afford to pay the going rate for counseling services and many need reduced fees.
- We will work with you to access our scholarship funds if needed.
We Can Help
Outreach Community Counseling Centers have been working with individuals and families in DuPage County for more than 40 years. We help people find hope when it was gone and find solutions when they had almost given up. Each year our professionally trained therapists provide individual, couples and family counseling for more than 1,000 people in the community. Staff therapists are trained in the latest research and use practices that have been shown to work in addressing a wide variety of concerns.
Counseling can help with:
- Emotional distress from anxiety, depression, anger, grief and loss or trauma
- Family conflicts or parenting concerns
- Problems for children related to school, home or community
- Youth development regarding family, peer, school and identity
- Couples’ relationships
- Individual or family adjustment following divorce or remarriage
- Support in the midst of major life decisions or transitions
Our work is:
- Collaborative – We help you set goals based on your hopes and concerns.
- Strengths-Based – We assist in identifying your strengths and resources that can be helpful in reaching your desired goals.
- Team Oriented – Staff therapists work together so that you benefit from their cumulative knowledge and experience.
- Faith-Based – Our therapists work from a Christian perspective; at the same time we welcome and respect those clients whose faith traditions differ from our own.
- Culturally Competent – We work effectively with people from a wide variety of cultural and socio-economic groups.
- Affordable –For those experiencing financial hardship, scholarship funds are available through the support of the United Way, local churches and private donors.
- Systemic – We work with the significant people and professionals in your life to make the work effective.
- Crisis Intervention and Specialized Youth Services – We work with youth who have run away or are locked out of their home as well as youth who are “out of control” or at risk of police involvement.
- Psychological Testing – Individuals of all ages can receive cutting-edge, professional psychological testing to assess intellectual, academic and/or personality functioning, clarify diagnosis, and identify learning disabilities or attention difficulties.
- Coordination with Other Agency Services – Outreach’s neighborhood resource centers offer case management to help families with financial and practical needs, youth services including after-school programs, housing programs for young women and outreach for older adults.
Outreach Community Counseling Centers have services in three locations. We also travel to see people in their homes or local schools when transportation is a challenge. The best way to begin the process of finding hope and solutions is to speak with one of our intake counselors. Please contact the Center that is closest to you.