To provide safe and reliable transportation for program participants.
Role & Traits
- Ability to meet all driving requirements including age 21 or over, good driving record, valid IL driver’s license, current auto insurance
- Desire to support young adults in their efforts to grow job and academic skills as they progress through the employment program
- Highly dependable and punctual
- Transports participants in the Employment Opportunity Center from work sites to home during the week and to and from work on Saturdays (primarily in Carol Stream and Warrenville)
- Effective coordination with EOC staff to identify transportation needs
- Development of supportive relationships with program participants and recognizing the need and opportunity to be a role model to participants
Monday–Friday, 7:30–9:00 a.m., and Saturday, 7–10 a.m. and 4–6 p.m.
All volunteers are required to complete the OCM Application and Screening procedures before beginning. This includes:
- Complete the Volunteer Application
- Interview with the OCM Director of Volunteer Service
- Interview with Program Coordinator
- Complete a fingerprinting and background check
- Complete the Approved Drivers Application and maintain automobile insurance