To provide one-on-one weekly tutoring for each elementary student twice a week, ensuring each student succeeds in school.
Role & Traits
- At least a junior in high school or older
- Caring, nurturing, compassionate spirit
- Sensitivity to the needs of children who are struggling with basic academic principles
- Sensitivity to the needs of students from a different racial or cultural backgrounds and carrying the burden of poverty
- Able to set and maintain healthy boundaries for self and the student
Tutor a student in elementary school (1st-5th grades) a minimum of once per week (a student may be assigned two tutors).
- Monday through Thursday at 4:15-5:30 p.m. from September through May
- Start and end dates will be determined at the beginning of each school year
- Tutoring sessions are not scheduled during school holidays
All volunteers are required to complete the OCM Application and Screening procedures. This includes:
- Complete the Volunteer Application, including three references
- Interview with the OCM Director of Volunteer Service
- Complete the fingerprinting and background check