To support students in the job training program who have yet to complete their General Educational Development (GED) test.
Role & Traits
- Experience working with young adults
- Affinity for teaching basic math and reading skills
- Desire to support young adults in their efforts to grow job and academic skills as they progress through the employment program
- Highly dependable and punctual
- Provide one-on-one tutoring for students who are preparing for the GED test
• Monday through Friday, flexible based on volunteer and participants availability.
All volunteers are required to complete the OCM Application and Screening procedures before being matched with a student. This includes:
- Complete the Volunteer Application
- Interview with the OCM Director of Volunteer Service
- Interview with Program Coordinator
- Complete a fingerprinting and background check
- Complete the Approved Drivers Application and maintain automobile insurance