To provide one-on-one tutoring to high school students who attend the afterschool program.
Role & Traits
- Relate well and provide an example of excellent character to a high school student
- Willing to cross and respect economic, racial, religious and/or cultural barriers
- Able to assist high school students with their academics
- Patient, supportive and compassionate
- Will commit for the school year (September through May)
- Can set and maintain appropriate boundaries
- Positive role model
A weekly commitment.
All tutors are required to complete the OCM Application and Screening procedures before being matched with a student. This includes:
- Complete the Volunteer Application, including three references
- Interview with the OCM Director of Volunteer Service
- Complete the fingerprinting and background check