Q. What can I donate?
A. Jubilee Cars will accept almost all transportation vehicles—in operable or non-operable condition.  In addition to cars, trucks, SUV’s and vans, Jubilee Cars accepts other vehicles such as buses, motorcycles, RVs, campers, boats, snowmobiles, riding lawn mowers, and snow blowers.

Q. My vehicle hasn’t run in years.  Can I still donate it?
A. Yes, Jubilee Cars will accept vehicles in any condition! Please complete the online donation form and we can arrange to have your vehicle picked up.

Q. What do I need to donate my vehicle?
A. We will only need the keys and title to the vehicle to process the donation. Maintenance records and vehicle manuals are appreciated, if available.

Q. Where should I drop off my vehicle donation?
A. Drop off of donated vehicles is in Carol Stream, by appointment only. Please contact the OCM main office to make arrangements. Address information will be shared at the time of scheduling.

Q. Is my donation tax deductible?
A. Yes, all donations to the Jubilee Cars ministry are tax deductible to the extent provided by law. Jubilee Cars is a ministry of Outreach Community Ministries, Inc, a 501(c)(3) organization. You should always check with a tax professional regarding any personal limitations on your charitable contribution deductions.  IRS Publication 526, entitled “Charitable Contributions,” provides detailed information on claiming deductions and the deduction limits.

Q. How does my tax deduction work?
A. Your tax deduction will depend upon what Jubilee Cars does with your vehicle. We will provide you, the donor, with written acknowledgment regarding our plans for your vehicle. Deduction values generally fall into one of two categories: (1) gross proceeds from the sale of the vehicle, or (2) the fair market value of the vehicle at the time of the donation. For more specific information regarding both how we utilize donated vehicles and their associated valuation, see the Donation Guidelines section within our website.  Once we have disposed of your vehicle, we will provide copies of Form 1098-C, “Contributions of Motor Vehicles, Boats, and Airplanes,” for your use when filing your annual tax return. For more information on IRS guidelines, please see IRS Publication 4303 — A Donor’s Guide to Vehicle Donations.”

Q. How can I contact you to arrange a donation?
A. Donors are encouraged to complete the online donation form, but may also contact Outreach’s main office at (630) 682-1910, ext. 248 during normal business hours.

Q. I need a car. Can I obtain a vehicle from the Jubilee Cars ministry?
A. Vehicles not given directly to one of Outreach’s residential clients are sold to the public through various channels. For a list of vehicles currently listed for sale, please see the Cars for Sale section within our website.