The Friendly Visiting Program serves neighborhood seniors who may be isolated and lonely.
Role & Traits
- Have a love for older adults
- Be an additional support to older adults
- Will maintain confidentiality about their match
- Able to set and maintain appropriate boundaries
Friendly Visitors are matched with a senior citizen in the neighborhood who you will visit at least twice a month. All Friendly Visitors are asked to commit to the program for a minimum of one year.
All Friendly Visitors are required to complete the OCM Application and Screening procedures before being matched with a senior. This includes:
- Complete the Volunteer Application, including three references
- Interview with the OCM Director of Volunteer Service
- Complete the fingerprinting and background check process
- Complete the Approved Driver Application and maintain automobile insurance