The mission of Outreach Community Ministries is to restore hope and provide opportunities for people to become all that God intends them to be; partner with the local church to put Christian faith into action through service to the community.
Partners provide funding that strengthens all facets of Outreach’s services: counseling, case management, transitional housing, youth-in-crisis services older adult services, after-school/summer programs for 1st-12th-grade students, youth mentoring, college preparation and scholarships and employment training services. Funds are directly invested in the lives of those served and the result is life-changing outcomes.
Partners generously direct their support to one or more program area:
- Outreach Community Ministries (funds applied where needed most)
- Outreach Community Center in Carol Stream
- Warrenville Youth & Family Services
- Wheaton Youth Outreach
- Hearts of Grace, a women’s network supporting services that support women and their children
Partners make a minimum annual commitment of $1,000 given as a one-time gift or throughout the year. Leadership Partners make a minimum annual commitment of $5,000.
Partners and Leadership Partners receive CEO updates, prayer requests and invitations to Outreach events and receptions. Renew your Partner giving today through our safe and secure online form. Your gift is tax-deductible as a charitable contribution to the extent permitted by law.
Know the Facts for DuPage County
- 20% of households—including 27,000+ children—live in or near poverty
- More than 6,000 families face an unexpected crisis that places their housing and employment at risk
- 1,500+ school-age children and their parents become homeless each year
- 1,000+ teens and young adults ages 16-25 become homeless each year when family housing fails or they return to the community from residential care
- Transitional housing resources provide for less than 30% of the daily need for homeless teens, young families and young adults
- 4,000+ high school students live in or near poverty, many without hope for college
- 5,000 young adults ages 18-29 are not prepared to compete for full-time employment
- Unemployment for young adults in lower income neighborhoods is 20-24%
- 146,000 residents have a mental health or family life challenge; 50% of children and 70% of adults do not have access to services
Pray with Outreach
- For leaders as they seek to expand capacity to provide hope and opportunities to more vulnerable children, teens and families in DuPage County
- To be present in every at-risk and vulnerable neighborhood in DuPage County with resources to strengthen families and develop youth
- To lead in developing Christian community housing, serving the needs for both transitional housing and more permanent, supportive housing
- For the Employment Opportunity Training Center at Jubilee Furniture; that students will have successful employment experiences
- That expansion of Outreach’s counseling centers will become a reality, and suffering will be alleviated throughout the county
Partner with Outreach
- Continue to support Outreach with your financial gifts
- Advocate for Outreach in your sphere of friendships to raise an awareness of the expanding needs in DuPage County
- Introduce others on how Outreach is serving as the hands and feet of Christ in addressing escalating needs in our neighborhoods