Hours of learning and hours of fun—all summer long, students in Outreach’s summer youth programs engage in academic enrichment, job readiness and recreation across the sites. Check out how many kids are enrolled and how they’re spending those hours!
Outreach Community Center in Carol Stream
Jubilee Neighborhood School (elementary school)
- Number enrolled: 89
- Number of hours in academic enrichment: 15 per week
- Number of hours having fun: Endless! Includes swimming 4 hours a week, assembly and God time 1 hour a week, 2 hours of fun on “Fun Mondays,” special groups (cooking, scrapbooking, glee club, sports, music, art, multicultural club) 2 hours a week, and junior achievement class and Christian education 2 hours a week.
Learn 2 Earn (junior high)
- Number enrolled: 47
- Number of hours in academic enrichment: 6
- Number of hours having fun: 10
- Hours of service learning/community service: 6
- Hours of social emotional learning: 6
SALT (high school)
- Number enrolled: 29
- Number of classroom hours: 4 hours for 16-18-year-old students; 2 hours for 14-15-year-old students. Includes academics and job readiness classes.
- Number of hours on the job: Up to 25 hours per week for 16-18-year-old students; 10 hours of job readiness for 14-15-year-old students.
Warrenville Youth & Family Services
Summer Quest (junior high and early high school)
- Number enrolled: 41
- Number of hours in academic enrichment: 8 per week. Includes classes on nutrition, entrepreneurship, Common Core reading and math, and service learning.
- Number of hours having fun: Nonstop! A total of 18 hours includes team building; electives such as baking, exercise, rugby, volleyball, music, crafts and basketball; and Friday Fun Days, which include trips to the pool, movies, sports competitions, a trip to Brookfield Zoo, and rowing at Blackwell Forest Preserve.
- Number in student leadership program: 9 returning high school students, who lead teams of younger students in different areas of programs. They meet weekly as a team to train in goal setting, problem solving and leadership.
Puente del Pueblo
Elementary, junior high and high school
- Number enrolled: 65 elementary, 37 junior high, 22 high school
- Number of hours in academic enrichment: 15 per week (x 8 weeks, times 100 kids=12,000 total hours!)
- Number of hours having fun: 15 per week (x 8 weeks, times 100 kids=12,000 total hours!)
York Community Resource Center
- Number enrolled: 27
- Number of languages represented: 5
- Number of hours in academic enrichment: 10 per week
- Number of hours having fun: 15 per week